Southsea Mews, Leigh On Sea
A clever redevelopment of 6 industrial units into a small community of apartments and flats. The brief from the client was to ensure that the planting offered good screening from all angles as the housing designs featured floor to ceiling windows.
Plans prepared and a mixture of tall grasses, specimen pleached trees and old olives were suggested. Alliums and agapanthus added too.
The agreed planting was delayed over winter due to planning issues and additionally plans altered moving all planting into above ground planters. Detailed discussions with the client and plans altered to accommodate height changes, all still within budget.
Planting in around other trades on site and all planting completed for deadline opening event.
Maintenance contract agreed for site upkeep and plant care.
- Met with client to understand building plan and needs
- Prepared a design and quotation to install framed trees and grasses to offer privacy and screening to individual apartments and homes.
- Worked with client on delay of installation and changes to the original plan
- Across 6 days we installed planting, trees, grasses and bulbs forming the effective screening required
- Former Light Imdustrial site transformed into an attractive green community