In light of the current situation with COVID 19 we are keen to ensure you are kept updated with our response and working practices. We are complying with all of the directions given by the Government and will continue to do so as they change.
The current instructions allow travel to work if it is not possible to work from home. Additionally Nicola Sturgeon clarified on 23rd March that gardeners and window cleaners should continue their business whilst adhering to the safety guidelines given out. As a result we are continuing with our contract work and ensuring that our sites are well tended for residents working from their homes to enjoy. For the safety of the residents and our staff we have instigated the following practices, which we know are in accord with the directions given.
- Attendance on all sites is by a lone worker using their own works vehicle.
- We will not have 2 staff working on any site and no staff will travel together.
- We are washing our hands using soap upon arrival, during and upon leaving each site.
- We are wearing gloves at all times on every site.
- We are maintaining the 2 metre social distancing space and will ask you to stop or step back if you approach too closely. Please do not think we are being rude as this is to protect us all.
Should the guidelines change and we are directed to cease working, we will do so immediately If you employ another company to carry out contract gardening work on your sites and that company is not currently providing a service please give us a call. We will risk assess the work and may have capacity to help keep your sites clean, tidy and nicely maintained. We can do this for you on a temporary basis until things improve or on a permanent basis. Please feel free to call us if you have any concerns and please look after yourselves.
Paul and the Baines Gardening Team